To donate to SGCC&RI through Milaap,
please click on the link
Cheque / Bank Draft in favour of ‘SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE
SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE formerly known as Cancer Centre Welfare Home and Research Institute, Thakurpukur, is a philanthropic organization dedicated to providing cancer management at an affordable cost along with carrying on cancer based research activities. It was built under the leadership of Dr Saroj Gupta with the main aim of serving the underprivileged people. With the help from people of different walks of life- from school children to celebrities, from daily wage earners to the affluent, the 12 acres of marshy land in 1973 now boasts of a 310-bed fully comprehensive cancer hospital, not deviating from its main objective of serving the poor. As advancements are regularly taking place in the field of Oncology especially in Diagnostics and treatment modalities, it is important that we constantly upgrade our services so that the cancer patients get the best of facilities at affordable costs.
Some of our charitable endeavours:
- About 50,000 patients are seen in the OPD FREE of cost
- 50% of our beds are General ones with No Doctor Fees, subsidized investigations & treatment
- 20% of our beds are made FREE
- 50-70% of our paediatric beds are made FREE
- Free Palliative Care Services with Free distribution of Morphine – OPD, IPD & Home Care
- Subsidized Medicines for all
- Regular concession for poor patients who cannot afford the nominal expenses
Our services include
- OPD (Free) – 6 days a week
- Different Categories of beds for all strata of society – General (50%), Cubicles AC/non AC (30%), Cabins (20%)
All Pathological Services
- Microbiology & Serology
- Tumour Markers
- Automated Culture (Bactec)
- Frozen Section by Cryostat
- Special Tests, HbA1C, Procalcitonin, Hormone Assay
All Radiological Services
- Digital X-ray
- Digital Mammography
- USG with Colour Doppler Studies
- Spiral CT Scan
- PET CT Scan
- Fluroscopy with C-Arm
- Upper GI Endoscopy with NG tube insertion, Dilation, Stenting
- Colonoscopy with Polypectories Stenting
- Fibreptic Laryngoscopy Nasal Endoscopy
- Fibreoptic Bronscopy
- Linac Machine 2 (Siemens – Conventional Dual Energy, 6MEV 3DCRT)
- Telecobalt – 2 (Elite 80 & Bhabatron II) HDR Brachytherapy
- Interestitial Brachytherapy & Intracavitory
- Radio-Iodine Therapy
- Beam Simulator (Imagin)
Free Palliative Care
OPD, IPD Domiciliary Care with Free distribution of Morphine & some General Medicines.
Morphine and some general medicines are provided free of cost. Music & Art Therapies are provided by Specialists. Regular Counseling of patients and their relatives are done by trained Doctors and Social Workers. A 6 weeks & a 10 day’s certificate Course are run by the Palliative Care Dept in aboration with Pallium India (Trivandum) & THET (U.K.)
In a dedicated (specially designed) 3 storied building – there are 2 Paediatric wards with total 42 beds, a Dining area, BMT Unit, Paediatric ICU, Blood Bank. To keep the children happy, there is a fountain, playroom & classroom inside this building.
For those who are ambulatory, there is an Amusement Park, a Toy Train, Amphitheatre & an Auditorium. Regular Music therapy, Art Therapy & Teaching take place by Specialists. A Social worker regularly counsels the parents & children to increase the compliance to treatment and also does fund raising for poor patients. Trained Physicians Surgeons & Nurses are actively involved in this Specialised Care.
Many volunteers & NGOs are actively involved in the entertainments & well beings of the children.
- Head & Neck with Reconstruction
- GI including Oesophagelogy, Laparoscopic Surgeries with Harmonic Scalpel
- Hepato Pancreatico Biliary including Liver Resections with CUSA, Harmonic Scalpel, Tissue Link, RFs of advanced Tumour
- Urology including TRUS guided Biopsies, TURBT, TURP, Radical Cystectomies, Nephrectomies
- Orthopaedics including Limb preserving Surgeries
- Gynaecology including Colposcopy wertheimis Panhysterectomy, RPLND, Vulvectomies, Mirra’s operation
- ENT including Laryngectomies, Microlaryngeal Surgeries with LASER
- Paediatric Surgeries for solid Tumours, Hickmann’s line & Chemoport insertions
- Modular O.T.s with Laminar flow, Pendants, anaesthetic work stations, etc.
- Medical International Protocols are followed here, in dedicated Day Care Ward and inpatients
We have a team of dedicated Medical Specialists, Technicians, Nursing personnel and para medical staff
For Breast Cancer with Lymphoedema, clinic. Also Stoma Clinic, Laryngectomee Club, Nicotine Replacement Therapy Clinic
- Regular Academic Sessions are held for in-house Doctors
- This centre is recognized for DNB in Surgical Oncology & Radiotherapy, also DMLT, DRD & DRT Trainings for Technicians, Palliative Care Certificate Course in Collaboration with Palium India (Trivandum) & THET (U.K.)
- Seminars, Conferences and workshops are held at National and International Levels
There is an active Research Department which acts in collaboration with different reputed Universities and Institutions, for which the Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India has recognized this Institute as a SIRO (Scientific & Industrial Research Organization). Donations to this organization are also exempted under section 35 (i) (ii) & 80 (G) of Income Tax Act, 1961.
On top of all these, we give regular discounts for needy patients who cannot afford even the nominal expenses.
Our founder Late Dr. Saroj Gupta believed that no patient should be denied of treatment for financial constraints. That has remained the motto of our Hospital.