Vision & Mission
Service with Gratitude, Compassion, Care & Respect to Individuals through transparent and Cost Effective measures, irrespective of caste, creed, religion and financial status.
- Emerge as a premier Institute of Eastern India in the Diagnosis, Treatment & Cure of Cancer at affordable cost with best possible Infra structure along with compassionate and trained Medical and Paramedical staff.
- Be a pain free hospital. Reach out to terminal patients with best supportive care (Palliative Care) though IPD, OPD and Home Care.
- Excel in Academics by promoting Post graduate Super specialty courses, Paramedical Courses & PhD program.
- Active Research to find out cause of Cancer, its prevention, better molecular diagnostics and customized treatment for each patient.
- Carry out Cancer Awareness programmes in rural & urban areas for primary and secondary prevention.
The Founder of Saroj Gupta Cancer Centre & Research Institute, Padmashree Dr. Saroj Gupta was recognized nationally & internationally as a legendary figure. Although difficult to enumerate, his many achievements & accolades include:
- Examiner of Radiotherapy, National Board of Examinations
- Consultant Radiotherapist till 1980, Chittaranjan Cancer Hospital
- President, Association of Radiation Oncologists of India
- Founder and Past President, Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (W.B. Chapter)
- Former Reader, Examiner, MD Examination in Radiotherapy, University of Calcutta
- Former Faculty Member, M.D. Radiotherapy, University of Calcutta
- ‘Man of CALCUTTA ‘ – Just World, 1980
- Padmasree from the President of India, 1987
- Rathindra Purashkar from Mr. Rajiv Gandhi, then Prime Minister of India, at Viswa Bharati University in 1988
- Sheriff of Calcutta, 1988-89
- Sir Dorabji Tata Memorial Oration, 1991
- Hony. D.Sc., Burdwan University, 1994
- ‘Service above Self’ Award, Rotary International, 1996