Terms & Conditions
Summary of Service
SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE formerly known as Cancer Centre Welfare Home and Research Institute, Thakurpukur, is a philanthropic organization dedicated to providing cancer management at an affordable cost along with carrying on cancer based research activities. It was built under the leadership of Dr Saroj Gupta with the main aim of serving the underprivileged people. With the help from people of different walks of life- from school children to celebrities, from daily wage earners to the affluent, the 12 acres of marshy land in 1973 now boasts of a 310-bed fully comprehensive cancer hospital, not deviating from its main objective of serving the poor. As advancements are regularly taking place in the field of Oncology especially in Diagnostics and treatment modalities, it is important that we constantly upgrade our services so that the cancer patients get the best of facilities at affordable costs.
Some of our charitable endeavours:
- About 50,000 patients are seen in the OPD FREE of cost
- 50% of our beds are General ones with No Doctor Fees, subsidized investigations & treatment
- 20% of our beds are made FREE
- 50-70% of our paediatric beds are made FREE
- Free Palliative Care Services with Free distribution of Morphine – OPD, IPD & Home Care
- Subsidized Medicines for all
- Regular concession for poor patients who cannot afford the nominal expenses
Our services include
- OPD (Free) – 6 days a week
- Different Categories of beds for all strata of society – General (50%), Cubicles AC/non AC (30%), Cabins (20%)
All Pathological Services
- Microbiology & Serology
- Tumour Markers
- Automated Culture (Bactec)
- Frozen Section by Cryostat
- Special Tests, HbA1C, Procalcitonin, Hormone Assay
All Radiological Services
- Digital X-ray
- Digital Mammography
- USG with Colour Doppler Studies
- Spiral CT Scan
- PET CT Scan
- Fluroscopy with C-Arm
- Upper GI Endoscopy with NG tube insertion, Dilation, Stenting
- Colonoscopy with Polypectories Stenting
- Fibreptic Laryngoscopy Nasal Endoscopy
- Fibreoptic Bronscopy
- Linac Machine 2 (Siemens – Conventional Dual Energy, 6MEV 3DCRT)
- Telecobalt – 2 (Elite 80 & Bhabatron II) HDR Brachytherapy
- Interestitial Brachytherapy & Intracavitory
- Radio-Iodine Therapy
- Beam Simulator (Imagin)
Free Palliative Care
OPD, IPD Domiciliary Care with Free distribution of Morphine & some General Medicines.
Morphine and some general medicines are provided free of cost. Music & Art Therapies are provided by Specialists. Regular Counseling of patients and their relatives are done by trained Doctors and Social Workers. A 6 weeks & a 10 day’s certificate Course are run by the Palliative Care Dept in aboration with Pallium India (Trivandum) & THET (U.K.)
In a dedicated (specially designed) 3 storied building – there are 2 Paediatric wards with total 42 beds, a Dining area, BMT Unit, Paediatric ICU, Blood Bank. To keep the children happy, there is a fountain, playroom & classroom inside this building.
For those who are ambulatory, there is an Amusement Park, a Toy Train, Amphitheatre & an Auditorium. Regular Music therapy, Art Therapy & Teaching take place by Specialists. A Social worker regularly counsels the parents & children to increase the compliance to treatment and also does fund raising for poor patients. Trained Physicians Surgeons & Nurses are actively involved in this Specialised Care.
Many volunteers & NGOs are actively involved in the entertainments & well beings of the children.
- Head & Neck with Reconstruction
- GI including Oesophagelogy, Laparoscopic Surgeries with Harmonic Scalpel
- Hepato Pancreatico Biliary including Liver Resections with CUSA, Harmonic Scalpel, Tissue Link, RFs of advanced Tumour
- Urology including TRUS guided Biopsies, TURBT, TURP, Radical Cystectomies, Nephrectomies
- Orthopaedics including Limb preserving Surgeries
- Gynaecology including Colposcopy wertheimis Panhysterectomy, RPLND, Vulvectomies, Mirra’s operation
- ENT including Laryngectomies, Microlaryngeal Surgeries with LASER
- Paediatric Surgeries for solid Tumours, Hickmann’s line & Chemoport insertions
- Modular O.T.s with Laminar flow, Pendants, anaesthetic work stations, etc.
- Medical International Protocols are followed here, in dedicated Day Care Ward and inpatients
Acceptance of Terms
Terms and conditions for Donors
A contribution is a voluntary donation made by a contributor to the SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE. The contributor does not make the contribution for any monetary returns like equity or profit share in the project, neither is his/her contribution considered a loan to SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE.
Any contribution to SGCC&RI, by an individual, should not be construed as an investment in any form whatsoever.
The contributors agree to provide their name, email address, postal address and phone number. They also agree to provide the authorized online payment gateway of the Site, required details of their credit and debit cards for making an online contribution, or the accurate address for cash/cheque pick up to the Site’s offline collection vendors. Contributors agree to have sufficient funds or credit during making a contribution for a campaign. Contributors are informed that their credit and debit card related details are not provided to the SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE or the Site by the online payment gateway & remain confidential.
Rules and Conduct
- Infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other right of any other person or entity, or violates any law or contract;
- You know is false, misleading, or inaccurate;
- Is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, tortious, obscene, offensive, profane, or invasive of another’s privacy;
- Constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any junk mail, spam, or chain letters;
- Contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit, or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password, or other information of the SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE or any third party; or
- Impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of the SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE
- Users may not use the SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE’s Site for activities that: (i) violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (ii) relate to sales of (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (d) items that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime, (e) items that are considered obscene, (f) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (g) certain sexually oriented materials or services, or (h) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (i) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law; (iii) relate to transactions that (a) show the personal information of third parties in violation of applicable law, (b) support pyramid or ponzi schemes, matrix programs, other “get rich quick” schemes or certain multi-level marketing programs, (c) are associated with purchases of real property, annuities or lottery contracts, lay-away systems, off-shore banking or transactions to finance or refinance debts funded by a credit card, (d) are by payment processors to collect payments on behalf of merchants, (e), are associated with the following Money Service Business activities: the sale of traveler’s checks or money orders, currency exchanges or check cashing, or (f) provide certain credit repair or debt settlement services; (iv) involve the sales of products or services identified by government agencies to have a high likelihood of being fraudulent; (v) violate applicable laws or industry regulations regarding the sale of (a) tobacco products, or (b) prescription drugs and devices; (vi) involve gambling, gaming and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize, including, but not limited to casino games, sports betting, horse or greyhound racing, lottery tickets, other ventures that facilitate gambling, games of skill (whether or not it is legally defined as a lottery) and sweepstakes unless the operator has obtained prior approval from the SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE and the operator and customers are located exclusively in jurisdictions where such activities are permitted by law.”
- Additionally, you shall not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by the SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE’s or its third-party providers’ infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service; (iii) bypass any measures the SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service (or other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Service); (iv) run Maillist, Listserv, or any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Service; or (v) use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Site.
You shall not directly or indirectly: (i) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Service, except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction; (ii) modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Service; or (iii) copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder. You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations.
The SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE does not guarantee that any Content will be made available through the Service. The SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE has no obligation to monitor the Service or Content. The SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE reserves the right to, at any time, for any reason, and without notice: (i) cancel, reject, interrupt, remove, or suspend a campaign or project; (ii) remove, edit, or modify any Content, including, but not limited to, any User Submission; and (ii) remove or block any User or User Submission. Milaap.in reserves the right not to comment on the reasons for any of these actions.
Termination Warranty Disclaimer
The SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE has no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that the SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE has no duty to take any action regarding any of the following: which Users gain access to the Site; what Content Users access through the Site; what effects the Content may have on Users; how Users may interpret or use the Content; or what actions Users may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. The SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE cannot guarantee the authenticity of any data or information that Users provide about themselves or their campaigns and projects. You release the SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE from all liability for your having acquired or not acquired Content through the Site. The Site may contain, or direct you to websites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. The SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE makes no representations concerning any Content on the Site, and the SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE is not liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of material contained on the Service.
The SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE does not guarantee that any Content will be made available through the Site. The SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE has no obligation to monitor the Service or Content. The SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE reserves the right to, at any time, for any reason, and without notice: (i) cancel, reject, interrupt, remove, or suspend a campaign or project; (ii) remove, edit, or modify any Content, including, but not limited to, any User Submission; and (iii) remove or block any User or User Submission. The SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE reserves the right not to comment on the reasons for any of these actions.
The Service is provided “as is” and “as available” and is without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose, and any warranties implied by any course of performance or usage of trade, all of which are expressly disclaimed. The SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE, and its directors, employees, agents, suppliers, partners, and content providers do not warrant that: (a) the Service will be secure or available at any particular time or location; (b) any defects or errors will be corrected; (c) any content or software available at or through the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components; or (d) the results of using the Service will meet your requirements. Your use of the Service is solely at your own risk. Some states or countries do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
The SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE makes no guaranty of confidentiality or privacy of any communication or information transmitted on the Site or any website linked to the Site. The SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE will not be liable for the privacy of email addresses, registration and identification information, disk space, communications, confidential or trade-secret information, or any other Content stored on the SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE’s equipment, transmitted over networks accessed by the Site, or otherwise connected with your use of the Service. The SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE will not be liable for the privacy of email addresses, registration and identification information, disk space, communications, confidential or trade-secret information, or any other Content stored on the SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE’s equipment, transmitted over networks accessed by the Site, or otherwise connected with your use of the Service.
Content and License
You agree that the Site contains Content provided by the SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE and its partners and Users and that the Content may be protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, or other rights and laws. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright and other legal notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Service. The SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE grants to each User of the Site a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to use and reproduce the Content, solely for personal, non-commercial use. Use, reproduction, modification, distribution, or storage of any Content for other than personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without prior written permission from the SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE, or from the copyright holder. You shall not sell, license, rent, or otherwise use or exploit any Content for commercial use or in any way that violates any third-party right.
By submitting Content (User Submissions) on the Site, you agree to the following terms:
- The SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE will not have any ownership rights over your User Submissions. However, you agree to provide the SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE the license to perform and market the Site or the SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE on your behalf and on behalf of its other Users and itself. You grant to the SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE the worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable right to (and to allow others acting on its behalf to) (i) use, edit, modify, prepare derivative works of, reproduce, host, display, stream, transmit, playback, transcode, copy, feature, market, sell, distribute, and otherwise fully exploit your User Submissions and your trademarks, service marks, slogans, logos, and similar proprietary rights (collectively, the “Trademarks”) in connection with (a) the Service, (b) the SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE’s (and its successors’ and assigns’) businesses, (c) promoting, marketing, and redistributing part or all of the Site (and derivative works thereof) or the Service in any media formats and through any media channels (including, without limitation, third-party websites); (ii) take whatever other action is required to perform and market the Service; (iii) allow its Users to stream, transmit, playback, download, display, feature, distribute, collect, and otherwise use the User Submissions and Trademarks in connection with the Service; and (iv) use and publish, and permit others to use and publish, the User Submissions, Trademarks, names, likenesses, and personal and biographical materials of you and the members of your group, in connection with the provision or marketing of the Service. The foregoing license grant to the SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE does not affect your other ownership or license rights in your User Submissions, including the right to grant additional licenses to your User Submissions.
- The SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE shall have the right to delete, edit, modify, reformat, excerpt, or translate any of your User Submissions
- All information publicly posted or privately transmitted through the Site is the sole responsibility of the person from which that content originated
- The SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any Content
- The SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE cannot guarantee the identity of any other Users with whom you may interact while using the Service
- All Content you access through the Site is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any resulting damage or loss to any party
Limitation of Liabilty
In no event shall the SAROJ GUPTA CANCER CENTRE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE, nor its directors, employees, agents, partners, vendors, suppliers, or content providers, be liable under contract, tort, strict liability, negligence, or any other legal or equitable theory with respect to the service (i) for any lost profits, data loss, cost of procurement of substitute goods or services, or special, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever, substitute goods or services (however arising) and (ii) for any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like (regardless of the source of origination).
Electronic Delivery, Notice Policy, and Your Consent
Integration and Severability